Graham Holdings Company (NYSE:GHC) is a diversified education and media company whose operations include educational services; television broadcasting; online, print and local TV news; home health and hospice care; and manufacturing.
The Company owns:
- Kaplan, a leading global provider of educational services to individuals, schools and businesses, serving over one million students annually with operations in more than 30 countries. Its programs include higher education, test preparation, language instruction and professional training.
- Graham Media Group: WDIV–Detroit (NBC), KPRC–Houston (NBC), WKMG–Orlando (CBS), WSLS–Roanoke (NBC) KSAT–San Antonio (ABC) WCWJ–Jacksonville (CW) and WJXT–Jacksonville (independent). The stations also broadcast digital channels focusing on classic television and lifestyle programming, in addition to operating market-leading websites, mobile sites and mobile apps delivering breaking news, weather and community news.
- Hoover Treated Wood Products, supplies a comprehensive portfolio of pressure-impregnated kiln-dried lumber and plywood products for fire retardant and preservative applications.
- Dekko, is your trusted electrical solutions company that focuses on innovative power charging and data systems, industrial and commercial indoor lighting solutions and the manufacture of electrical components and assemblies for medical equipment, transportation, industrial and white goods products.
- Joyce/Dayton Corp., the leading manufacturer of screw jacks, linear actuators and lifting systems in North America. Joyce/Dayton has been building lifting equipment and systems since 1873.
- Forney Corporation, a manufacturer of burners, igniters, dampers and controls for combustion processes in electric utility and industrial applications.
- Automotive Group: The Company owns three dealerships: Lexus of Rockville, Honda of Tysons Corner and Jeep of Bethesda. Christopher J. Ourisman, a member of the Ourisman Automotive Group family of dealerships, and his team of industry professionals operate and manage the dealerships.
- Graham Healthcare Group: Recognized as leaders in care transitions, disease management, and innovative healthcare solutions; the companies that comprise Graham Healthcare Group are Celtic Healthcare and Residential Healthcare Group, providers of home health care, palliative and hospice services.
- Clyde's Restaurant Group: Clyde’s Restaurant Group (CRG) owns and operates thirteen restaurants and entertainment venues in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, including Old Ebbitt Grill and The Hamilton, two of the top twenty highest grossing independent restaurants in the United States.
- SocialCode, is a technology and insights company that manages digital advertising for the world’s leading consumer brands. SocialCode decodes human needs to deliver actionable insights from consumer data on advertising platforms like Facebook®, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. SocialCode is the only major social marketing platform that combines automation with a strategic services group. That’s why marketers like AB InBev, Nestle, Capital One, Reckitt Benckiser and Macy’s trust SocialCode to know what to do now and what to do next.
- The Slate Group: Slate, a daily online magazine offering fresh angles on stories in the news, publishing provocative commentary on topics such as politics, culture, business, and technology, all with its signature wit and irreverence; Megaphone, a podcast network that connects sophisticated listeners with top publishers and thinkers; and Foreign Policy, taking on the world of global politics, economics, and ideas, in print and online, drawing on leading journalists, thinkers and foreign policy practitioners for its trademark analysis and insight.
- CyberVista, a cybersecurity training and workforce development company. The develops personalized training programs providing organizations with the people, knowledge and skills required to defend critical assets.