Graham Holdings Company (NYSE:GHC) is a diversified holding company whose operations include: educational services, home health and hospice care, television broadcasting; online, print and local TV news, automotive dealerships, manufacturing, hospitality and consumer internet companies.
The Company owns:
- Kaplan, Inc., a leading global provider of educational services to individuals, schools and businesses, serving over one million students annually with operations in nearly 30 countries. Its programs include higher education, test preparation, language instruction and professional training.
- Graham Media Group: WDIV–Detroit (NBC), KPRC–Houston (NBC), WKMG–Orlando (CBS), WSLS–Roanoke (NBC) KSAT–San Antonio (ABC) WCWJ–Jacksonville (CW) and WJXT–Jacksonville (independent). The stations also broadcast digital channels focusing on classic television and lifestyle programming, in addition to operating market-leading websites, mobile sites and mobile apps delivering breaking news, weather and community news.
- Hoover Treated Wood Products, supplies a comprehensive portfolio of pressure-impregnated kiln-dried lumber and plywood products for fire retardant and preservative applications.
- Dekko, is your trusted electrical solutions company that focuses on innovative power charging and data systems, industrial and commercial indoor lighting solutions and the manufacture of electrical components and assemblies for medical equipment, transportation, industrial and white goods products.
- Joyce/Dayton Corp., the leading manufacturer of screw jacks, linear actuators and lifting systems in North America. Joyce/Dayton has been building lifting equipment and systems since 1873.
- Forney Corporation, a manufacturer of burners, igniters, dampers and controls for combustion processes in electric utility and industrial applications.
- Automotive Group, The Company owns seven dealerships: Lexus of Rockville, Ourisman Honda of Tysons Corner, Ourisman Jeep of Bethesda, Ourisman Ford of Manassas, Ourisman Toyota of Woodbridge, Ourisman Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram of Woodbridge, and Ourisman Toyota of Richmond. The Company also owns Roda, which provides valet service to and from a network of dealership service centers in the Washington, D.C. area. Christopher J. Ourisman, a member of the Ourisman Automotive Group family of dealerships, and his team of industry professionals operate and manage the dealerships.
- Graham Healthcare Group, Recognized as leaders in care transitions, disease management, and innovative healthcare solutions; the companies that comprise Graham Healthcare Group are Celtic Healthcare and Residential Healthcare Group, providers of home health care, palliative and hospice services.
- Clyde's Restaurant Group, owns and operates 11 restaurants and entertainment venues in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including Old Ebbitt Grill, The Hamilton, The Tombs, 1789, Firzgeralds and 6 Clyde’s locations.
- Framebridge, is a custom framing services company that provides high-quality, affordable, and fast custom framing of artwork, pictures, and other personal objects directly to consumers through its website, app, and retail locations.
- Saatchi Art is an online art gallery that offers an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture and photography, and it provides artists from around the world with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work.
- Society6 is home to a thriving community of independent artists worldwide, each with their own unique designs to share their art, feed off the creativity and talent of those around them and sell their original designs on an array of different products to customers around the world.
- World of Good Brands is a human connections company bringing access to traditionally aspirational categories across health, wellness, art, design, and travel.
- Code3, (formerly SocialCode) is a performance marketing partner, driving brand success faster across every digital platform. It works at the intersection of media, creative, and commerce, serving digital disruptors and Fortune 500 leaders alike. With more than a decade of experience, Code3 simplifies the complexity of digital marketing into three core elements of success: media, creative, and commerce. By integrating media, creative, and commerce, Code3 focuses on constantly improving digital marketing outcomes in less time. This unique approach depends on the talents of Code3’s diverse team of digital experts relentlessly pursuing better performance. That’s why clients turn to Code3 to reach and engage their most valuable prospects across digital, social, and emerging channels like Voice and OTT.
- The Slate Group: Slate, a daily online magazine offering fresh angles on stories in the news, publishing provocative commentary on topics such as politics, culture, business, and technology, all with its signature wit and irreverence;
- Foreign Policy, taking on the world of global politics, economics, and ideas, in print and online, drawing on leading journalists, thinkers and foreign policy practitioners for its trademark analysis and insight.
- City Cast, is a growing network of one-of-a-kind, daily local news podcasts accompanied by an daily email newsletter about what's happening in local communities. City Cast is currently in Chicago, Denver, Houston, Salt Lake, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Boise, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Portland, and Madison.